Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome Rich White America

Bienvenidos Rich White America, please feel free to make yourself at home
Kick off your boots and and take a seat at your table, crafted down the street.
Oh you don't know how to read the menu, no worries, English and money accepted.
And we'll fry your brat some chicken fingers too because he doesn't like ethnic food.
And you'll pass favorable judgement on us, smiling wide, proving that we can all get along,
just as long as I know my place and you know your place and we're all in place!
Ahh enjoy my island breeze as my children struggle to go back.
Please speak your Rosetta Stone Spanish as my kids struggle to pick up their native tongue.
But they're Americans! Really? So they have rights? To life, liberty and the pursuit of the next paycheck.
And as for the poet? Oh he's just a whitewashed sell out at a liberal arts college. But the author doesn't      matter

Yo waddup Rich White America, please feel free to make yourself at home.
Slum it up on my trains and whine over the smallest inconvenience.
It's fine, I'll still dance and ask for some much needed money.
Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen, pardon the interruption. But I'm trying to sleep.
So please stop being sloppy drunk because the midnight shift doesn't have an after party.
And no I won't be taking a taxi. I'll walk after my hour and half commute.
Yet I'll still see you at my, street fairs, cultural events, wearing the Puerto Rican flag during the parade.
Don't worry my best friend is Puerto Rican, you say as you mispronounce his name.

Hello Rich White America, welcome to your campus.
Don't worry we've decorated it with all the necessary ornaments:
Old buildings named after you (if you're a man), A beautiful diag with a grandiose library and plenty of    minorities to make you cultured!
Please enjoy your Americanized versions of our food and talk about that one time you went to a traditional  Chinese (Southern) restaurant with your friend.
Also we have your houses lined up in a row as close to campus as could be.
Don't worry those minorities won't be given a house or if they do it'll be out of sight, therefore out of mind.

He's just an angry minority complaining because he's oppressed!
Yea, this is why he'll never be successful, he just wants a hand out!
Also this is reverse racism, I'm going to demand you take it down!
My family worked hard for the policies and positive biases they received!
Doesn't sound quite as poetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment