Thursday, May 30, 2013

Now you're sorry you're up there

I feel I often only rant about other people and it'd be hypocritical of me not to be able to rant about myself from time to time. Naturally this rant won't be as pointed ( gotta have some bias right?) and coherent (no reason to pull out the big rhetorical guns for an argument against myself), but instead more free flowing and personal. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, but I do understand some people might take huge offense with how candidly I speak to myself about these issues. I want to stress that these are my internal thoughts, never intended to be expressed as a formulated opinion of mine.



Raymond you fucking hypocrite. Don't even dare talk about what it's like to be poor because you don't know. And don't shun the very class that you belong to. You're as rich as anyone else who can talk with long words and pretend to play the game. You're just a lazy fuck, who doesn't want to get his hands dirty to make money. But as you study for that pathetic LSAT exam, you begin to realize that perhaps you have finally caved in. Oh keep onto your fantasies of human decency. Keep telling yourself that things won't turn out that way. Tell me how many people you call a corporate sell out after giving up the forbidden fruit yourself. Then talk to me about what it's like to have integrity. You're crooked. Probably even more crooked than most of them because you're not ignorant to the plight. You know it's there because you're just a few feet from rock bottom. I think that's why you've been so aggressive. Nobody deserves this as much as you right? You self pretentious asshole, don't think that your ravenous behavior justifies you in anyway. You're just like them. Carnivorous monsters who use huge magnifying glasses to make us squirm, shrivel, shriek and die. But your time is gonna come. It'll hit ya when you're older and then all of a sudden we'll hear you spouting that neo-liberalist nonsense that you so often deplore. Yep, you'll be a phony, but what's worse is you'll be a 55 year old Holden. So stop it with the rants. Stop it with the pretentious disapproval of anything and everything that's just a little self serving because if anyone's a self serving fuck it's you. Don't pretend to be noble. Don't pretend to be poor. Don't pretend to be disadvantaged. Don't pretend you aren't just buying into the very system you criticize. Sorry there ain't no secret agents among the rich. They exist only among the poor and they come in the form of smart ass minority college students who are white washed and pretentious. Guess you fit the bill pretty well. So just shut up. Stop it with your trill and get on to studying for that test and making your money and buying your mom a house and buying Mets season tickets and donating money to your Alma Mater, which receives one of the largest endowments in the world. Don't forget to lie on your way there. Hold your tongue so the white people who aren't down won't fret. And remember to keep your eye on how the poor problem becomes a small blimp in your rear mirror. Sure back when you were nearly at risk of falling into poverty it became a huge issue. Once your safety net has been made, then we'll see you not care. Now go ahead, give me your rebuttal. Tell me you're right. Show the world that I'm wrong. It'd get you ready for your future job as the rich invisible hand that ensures that my voice is discredited and ignored.

Raymond: You're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment