Monday, December 31, 2012

Lil B is not a post Lil Wayne Deconstructionalist, he's an idiot

                          I like to think of myself as a casual lover of rap and hip hop. I grew up in the city where hip hop exploded. As a 90s child in NYC I grew up listening to Pac and Biggie. And while I don't have an exaggerated admiration of the past, (some of the songs back then were just as stupid as ones we listen to today) there are some rappers that have made me lose faith in the genre. Let it be known that faith has been completely demolished with the introduction of this dumbass.
Brandon McCartney aka Lil B aka "based god" aka complete fucking idiot, is a rapper who is considered by Jonah Weiner  to be a "post-Lil Wayne deconstructionlist". Lyrical miracles like "I think I'm Based God" has led him to this evaluation of the artist. Let's take a small sample of his verbal magnificence shall we?

"Bitch I think I'm Based God everything foreign
Bitch sucked my dick, I'm Ralph Lauren
30 on my dick cause I'm still fuckin touring
Based never die I be there next morning" - Lil B I think I'm based God
Not convinced? Let's take another sample of his music, some Wonton soup anyone?

"Eat the cake like Annie Mae
Young Based God and I been doin my thing
Take my shirt off and the girls go insane
Four diamond rings, two big-ass chains" - Lil B Wonton Soup 
I know you might be thinking " what's the point of your blog if you're just going to spam lyrics without any analysis of why it's idiotic" That's because these lyrics are so bad, that if you think they have merit, then there's nothing I can do for you. You're just as stupid as Lil B and therefore any reasoning I put forth will never be good enough to convince you of his awfulness. I apologize if you find yourself in the ranks of his fans. Your only hope is that reincarnation exists and that you will be reincarnated into something that doesn't think Lil B is good. Consider this a public service announcement. Lil B is horrible. Sometimes people come out with horrible music and it isn't a statement, it's just horrible. He isn't a deconstructionalist or a post-modernist or any other ridiculous literary/philosophical theoretical lens you can think of. He's just an idiot and should take his place among the one hit wonders of hip hop. I'm an RA at University of Michigan and my residents joke about Based God consistently. I think they're doing the good work. The more we ridicule his "music" and stop taking it seriously the quicker we can get his stupidity out of our system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment